Did you know that we make our own Kielbasa in house? You can come get it fresh or frozen! It goes great in a bun with your favorite toppings, but it also can be used in many dishes. Need some inspiration? Here is a simple yet tasty option for you to try. I’d recommend homemade noodles if you’re feeling up to it, but regular egg noodles will do the trick just fine. This also incorporates our bacon, which is hickory smoked and adds a nice depth of flavor. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces egg noodles (you can use homemade noodles if you prefer)
- 4 slices Red Barn Meats Bacon, diced
- 16 ounces Red Barn Meats Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the noodles. Drain. Toss with butter and set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside. Leave drippings in pan.
- Brown the Kielbasa in drippings set aside. Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add onions, garlic, and brown sugar to the skillet and sauté over medium-low heat until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Add cabbage, salt, and pepper and sauté, until cabbage tender but still slightly firm, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage mixture, the bacon and the Kielbasa to the pasta pot, and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper as needed